The volunteer registration for the 2020 festival is now closed.
The volunteer registration for the 2022 festival is now open!
PS: Even if you are registered as a volunteer to previous festivals, you have to register again because of the new EU digital guidelines.
As a volunteer you can choose between five categories:
Responsible for the artists:
The job is to pick up artists at the airport, be available for the artists during the concert and for whatever they need. The job can be time consuming!
You are also responsible to inform the artists about their time schedule during their stay in Tromsø.
You report to the producer.
You will make sure that the venue is ready when the doors open for the audience and make sure that all volunteers are present and ready for work. You will also arrange a debrief with the volunteers after the concert.
You report to the producer.
Transportation of guests/artists and instruments/gadgets, mainly to/from the airport. The coordinator will set up a transportation list with the transportation team. The job requires drivers license class B. You will use one of The Northern Lights Festival cars.
Both Tromsø International Film Festival and The Northern Light Festival are from 2020 using the same ticket operating system TicketCo. We need volunteers to scan and sell tickets at the concert venue an hour before each show.
Make sure that the audience get their concert programme. As representative of the festival you have to collect tickets and do other minor tasks before the concert.
You report to the Arena manager.
Your job is to distribute the festival programme before and during the festival. The distribution team will meet and make plans in November. As part of the distribution team you will get your own zone where you are responsible.
This is what you can expect as a volunteer:
- Festival T-shirt - this is your volunteer uniform.
- Crew pass - to be used at all time on duty. It will also allow you a free pass at our concerts, provided there are tickets left.
- Invitation to the volunteer party after the festival.
This is what we expect from you:
- You will show up at your shift.
- As long as you are wearing the festival T-shirt and crew pass, you are not allowed to consume alcohol.
- As a volunteer you have a duty of confidentiality and thus do not share sensitive information you acquire at work for the festival.
- As a volunteer you are a representative of The Northern Lights Festival. The audience will come to you with questions or feedback. Be kind, polite and help out as best as you can.
Do you want to know more about volunteering at the Northern Lights Festival? Or want to register right away?
Contact market & communication manager, Kent-Einar Myreng: e-mail email@example.com or +47 99227762